Para traducir este sitio web al español, utilice el botón "traducir" en la parte superior del sitio web.
Hialeah Housing Authority (HHA) is opening a limited waiting list for Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program, specifically for the Mainstream Program.
This opening is only for individuals and families who meet program eligibility requirements. HHA will begin accepting pre-applications online at 8:00 AM on October 6, 2020, and will remain open only for mainstream qualifying applicants until the award completion is fulfilled. HHA will accept 500 successfully submitted applications.
To qualify for the mainstream program, a household member must meet the eligibility criteria below:
- One or more non-elderly persons with disabilities, which may include additional members who are not non-elderly persons with disabilities.
- A family where the sole member is an emancipated minor is not an eligible family.
- A non-elderly person with disabilities (for the purpose of determining eligibility) is a person 18 years of age or older and less than 62 years of age. Please visit the HHA's website for the complete definition. An individual is considered disabled if:
- Has a disability, as defined in 42 U.S.C. 423.
- Is determined, pursuant to HUD regulations, to have a physical, mental, or emotional impairment that is expected to be of long-continued and indefinite duration.
- Substantially impedes his or her ability to live independently.
- Is of such nature that the ability to live independently could be improved by more suitable housing conditions.
- Has a developmental disability as defined in 42 U.S.C. 6001.
Waiting List Preference: Preference will be given to non-elderly disabled families who are transitioning out of an institution or other segregated setting, at serious risk of institutionalization, currently experiencing homelessness, or previously experienced homelessness and currently a client in a supportive housing or rapid rehousing project, or at risk of experiencing homelessness.
Applicants will be required to provide verification of meeting the above eligibility criteria prior to placement on the waiting list. HHA will not accept applications from applicants who fail to provide the required verification. HHA will accept 500 successfully submitted applications.
The following documentation will be required for program eligibility:
- Documentation of Disability: This can be a Verification of Disability Form, or Benefit letter from SSA reflecting your disability status dated within the past 60 days.
- Supporting Documentation of age
Income Limits Effective April 1, 2020
Area Median Income (AMI) for Miami-Dade County: $59,100
Family Size - Extremely Low Income 30% of AMI
- 1 - $19,200
- 2 - $21,950
- 3 - $24,700
- 4 - $27,400
- 5 - $30,680
- 6 - $35,160
- 7 - $39,640
- 8 - $44,120
- 9 - $48,600
- 10 - $53,080
Family Size - Very Low Income 50% of AMI
- 1 - $32,000
- 2 - $36,600
- 3 - $41,150
- 4 - $45,700
- 5 - $49,400
- 6 - $53,050
- 7 - $56,700
- 8 - $60,350
- 9 - $64,000
- 10 - $67,650
Family Size - Low Income 80% of AMI
- 1 - $51,200
- 2 - $58,500
- 3 - $65,800
- 4 - $73,100
- 5 - $78,950
- 6 - $84,800
- 7 - $90,650
- 8 - $96,500
- 9 - $102,350
- 10 - $108,200
Reasonable Accommodation Options
Applications will be made available in an accessible format upon request from a person with disabilities or with limited English proficiency. Reasonable Accommodation for the disabled may be arranged by calling
- Phone: 305.888.9744
- TTY: 800.877.8339
- Spanish (en español) TTY: 800.845.6136
- or Click here to email L. Halphen.
Please note that in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, HHA has implemented and adopted HUD approved waivers and is thereby providing public notice on a voicemail message on its main information telephone number at 305.827.5111 and through its website at www.hialeahhousing.org
Due to the limited number of mainstream vouchers made available to the housing authority at this time, only the first 500 completed, valid applications will be accepted. Only those who can provide verification of the Mainstream criteria are eligible to apply for a Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher at this time. The waiting list for regular Vouchers is closed and expected to remain closed until further notice.
We are no longer taking applications.