The owner is responsible for performing all of the owner's obligations under the HAP Contract and the lease.
Owner responsibilities include:
- Complying with Landlord/Tenant and Fair Housing laws.
- Maintaining the unit in accordance with HQS, including performance of ordinary and extraordinary maintenance. Cooperate with HHA on all inspection matters.
- Performing all management and rental functions for the assisted unit, including enforcing tenant obligations under the lease, screening families to determine suitability as renters and evicting families for lease violations.
- Preparing and furnishing the HA with required information under the HAP contract.
- Lease the unit only to the family specified in the lease for use solely as their principal place of residence.
- Collecting from the family.
- Any Security deposit
- Tenant portion of the rent
- Any charges for unit damage and unpaid utility bills
- Paying and maintaining utility services (unless paid for by the tenant).
- Not commit fraud, bribery, or any other corrupt or criminal act in connection with any federal housing program.
- Not engage in drug trafficking.
- Adhere to HUD and State security deposit procedures for:
- Security reimbursement.
- Termination of tenancy.
- Permit PHA/HUD access to premises and records
- Not transfer the contract without prior written consent of the PHA.
- Provide tenant with ninety (90) day written notice to vacate, as per HUD
- Notify the HHA of change of ownership