The William Lehman Child Day Care Center provides Full Time care for children ages 12-months (Toddlers) to 5 Year Olds (VPK), As well as after school and summer camps for elementary school aged children.
We offers healthy, social and educational experiences under qualified supervision in a safe, nurturing, and caring environment that encourages each child's development and creativity. Children participate in daily activities appropriate for their ages and individual developmental levels, learn to get along with others and build self-esteem. Our center is certified by The Early Learning Coalition Of Miami Dade- Monroe and is approved to be a Voluntary Pre- Kindergarten Provider.
As part of our child-care program we offer the following (click to expand):
The classroom environment promotes the interaction of children with materials, other children and/or adults. Space is arranged so that children can work individually or together in small or large groups. The indoor environment includes a clearly defined area for each center:
- Imaginative play
- Blocks Creative Expression
- Table Toys
Listed below are some games provided for eye-hand coordination:
- Pegs and peg boards, lacing sets, puzzles, blocks, tracking mazes, etc.
- Sorting and classifying (Color, size, shapes)
- Matching - Objects that can be matched by characteristics.
- Stacking/Nesting – Items that can be stacked or that nest inside one another etc.
Furniture and props are provided in the imaginative play area in order for the children to engage in meaningful, dramatic play.
- Furniture – Stove, sink, refrigerator, table and chairs, doll huffy, etc.
- Props – dishes, pots and pans, play food/containers, telephones, cleaning items, ironing board, iron, etc.
- Dolls – Five soft bodied or washable/vinyl – cultural baby dolls (removable doll clothes and accessories for care taking, feeding, diapering, sleeping, etc.
- Dress-up clothes for men and women along with accessories, including but not limited to hats, ties, purses, jewelry, shoes, etc.
The outdoor environment provides enough usable space, developmentally appropriate equipment and materials for the children using it.
- Two surfaces which include grass and sand.
- One big playground - accessible play structure with a hanging suspended bar, a rocking bridge, climbing, swinging and sliding.
- Outdoor toys:
- Throwing (Balls, bean bags, ring toss, etc.)
- Stacking (Blocks, boxes, etc.)
- Riding (Tricycles, bikes)
- The napping area has less than normal lighting and a comfortable atmosphere with soft music.
- Each child brings their appropriate covering (such as a blanket and small pillow), which are kept in cubbies in the child's classroom.
Our summer program includes a variety of exciting activities such as:
- Field trips (Miami Seaquarium, Parrot Jungle, Monkey Jungle, Zoo Miami, Flamingo Gardens, Sawgrass Recreation Park, Amelia Earhart Park, Butterfly World, The Little Farm in Homestead, Discovery Zone, Lion Country Safari, Museum of Science in Vizcaya)
- Water plays
- Cooking activities
- Songs, games, etc.
Mealtime is a pleasant social and learning experience for the preschoolers.
- Food and allergy lists are posted in the classrooms.
- Once the meal is served the staff sits with the preschoolers and engages in pleasant conversation with the children.
- The children eat breakfast, lunch and snack inside a beautiful patio surrounded with a water fountain, flowers and trees.
- Birthday parties are permitted at 2:30 p.m. and parents are responsible to supply all the party goods.
- Once a month we provide the parents with a monthly newsletter with information for the next month projection.
The Child Day Care Center is closed twelve (12) holidays per year.
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King's Birthday
- Presidents Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day plus Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year's Eve Day
- Each child is entitled to two (2) free weeks per year from September to August.
Monthly fire drills are conducted with children and staff
Directors: Yadis Cabrera
Center Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Maximum capacity: 115
William Lehman Child Day Care
7605 West 10th Avenue
Hialeah, Fl. 33016
Financial Assistance Available through Child Development Services(CDS) for Qualifying families
Special rates for HHA tenants and employees:
- $45.00 per week
Rates for non-tenants:
- 12 Months to 2 Years: $75 per week
- 3, 4, 5 Years: $70 per week
- VPK Fulltime $65 per week
- 9am - 12pm - Free
Afterschool fee: $35
Registration fee: $50